Dear brothers and sisters,
In September 2023, the Round Table Family once again would like to shed light on Waste Challenge as we engage in World Clean-up Day on the September 16th. World Clean-up Day harnesses the power of people worldwide to accomplish the chance we need to see. We believe that we are stronger together as we do in Round Table Family
This September, we take another step in the aim of a cleaner and healthier planet!
As Round Table Family, we will approach the month following four easy rules:
- REFUSE what you do not need.
- REDUCE what you do need.
- REUSE items more than once or switch to reusable products.
- RECYCLE what cannot be refused, reduced, or reused.
- REVIEW what has been done. What have you learned, what has been succesfull and what has been hard? Take the key learnings and adapt for self development.
We will focus on 1 rule per week:
1. REFUSE FIRST WEEK - 5 th to 11th – Take a truthful look at your purchases and ask a valid question: Do I really need this? If you dont, dare to refuse and lets keep it cleen!
#refuse #worldcleanupday #nowastechallenge
2. REDUCE SECOND WEEK - 12th to 18th – After a thurow reflection from week 1, take action and reduce what you buy. Why not take a look in your garbagebin and see if you notice any difference with your new, more thought through ways. It is always inspiring to see the results when we take action. Why not a challenge with friend who can reduce most?
#reduce #worldcleanupday #nowastechallenge
3. REUSE THIRD WEEK - 19th to 25th – Only your imagination set limits on how you can reuse items in creative ways. Dare to think outside the box and find fun ways to be a part of the solution: Donate items that are still in a good, usable condition to charities or charity shops. Repurpose glass, plastic and cardboard containers to give them another life. Carry a re-usable shopping bag. Re-use wrapping paper or gift bags. Convert old clothing, towels or sheets into cleaning rags/cloths. Dont forget to share your creative solutions to reuse to inspire others!
#reuse #worldcleanupday #nowastechallenge
4. RECYCLE FOURTH WEEK - 26th to 30th – Maybe you are not the most creative one, thats ok! If you didnt find ways to reuse you items in the last step, its time to go recycling! Every small step is important and have an impact! Start small at home or at the office if you are not already on the roll and in the end the small steps will have huge effect!
#recycling #worldcleanupday #nowastechallenge
5. REVIEW – Always remember to look back and review your achievements and accomplishments. What have you learned? What went as you expected and what did you stuggle with? In doing so, the next step will be more thought through and lessons learned.
Remember to share your journey and the five rules with family, friends, and colleagues!
On the 16th of September will be World Cleanup Day. On this Day, with your Club, choose a place to clean! A park, a beach, a school, etc.
Take pictures and videos while you set sail on the five rules and share the result on Social Media and with the other organisations
Together we will set sail for a cleaner and healthier planet!
#wastechallenge #nowastechallenge #worldcleanupday